Mary Magdalene Bible Study
- What are some practical ways you have seen people express love?
Read Luke 8:1-3
- What do we learn about Mary Magdalene from these verses? (consider her past, her work, her friends)
Read Mark 15:37-47
- Why do you think Mary Magdalene chose to be present at Christ's death?
- What would she have seen, heard, learned, and felt as she watched Christ die?
- What changes had to take place in Mary Magdalene for her to move from a person inhabited by seven demons to the person who followed Jesus all the way to his death?
- What has Jesus delivered you from? What changes have you seen in your life since you became a Christian?
Read John 20:1-18
- If you were investigating the events described in this eyewitness account, what details or clues would you record?
- What feelings were evident when Jesus met Mary Magdalene? What does that say about the strength of their friendship?
- What does v 17 reveal about the relationships between the various people mentioned?
- What effect would Mary Magdalene's message have on the disciples? On the future church?
- From the three passages we have studied, what do you find that shows Mary Magdalene as a person who exercised her love for Jesus in practical ways?
- What are some practical ways we can show love for Jesus?
Read Matthew 25:31-46
- Does this passage provide some additional answers?