Read Luke 1:5-17, 3:1-17, and John 1:26-36
- What are John’s parents like?
- What is said about John’s life and ministry?
- What do you think enabled Simeon, Anna, and John’s parents to recognize and welcome the coming of the Savior?
- How can we, like them, learn to see God at work in the changes around us?
- What message did John have?
- What general warnings did he give?
- What specific advice did he give?
- What did the warnings mean?
- How did John make it clear who he was, and who he was not?
- How did he describe the Christ?
- What did John know about the One had been preparing for? What didn’t he know?
- How did John refer to Jesus?
- What is the meaning of “Lamb of God”?
What do you learn about Jesus from John the Baptist?