Read Matthew 7:13-14 and Mark 7:13-23
- What are the differences between the two roads and gates Jesus describes?
- What does Jesus tell us about the people traveling the roads?
- Why would someone choose to travel on one road over the other?
- What did Jesus want his followers to understand about being clean or unclean?
- What did Jesus say makes a person unclean? What is the source of evil in these people’s lives?
- What is more important before God: thoughts or actions? Why?
- How would people today answer these questions?
- Are people naturally good or evil? Why do you think so?
- Are people responsible for the bad things they do? Why do you think so? How do you think Jesus would answer?
Am I like the people Jesus described? What road am I traveling on? Are my thoughts pleasing to God?