I. Background Information
- Lord (v 5): another word for master or ruler.
- Evangelists (v 11): a person often used by God to help people understand the gospel and begin to follow Jesus.
- Pastor (v 11): a person with ability to lead and care for groups of Christians.
- Christ’s full stature (v 13): a person’s stature is how important or respected they are – here it is a way of saying we will be more and more like Jesus.
- Underline main ideas as you read.
In the first section of this chapter, Paul is stressing that God uses each of us in the church to do a special job. He has designed things so that as each of us listen to God and obey Him, we all experience more and more of the peace and joy in life that God wants for us. God intends for the church to be like a family that loves each other. This means that being part of the church is very important for a Christian. It is a gift from God, but also a place where God has given us a responsibility. We need our church family and they need us.
IV. Daily Thoughts (write out your answers)
- What did you learn today? Write down a few thoughts you have about what you read.
- What questions do you have after reading and thinking?
- Is there anything you think God wants you to do based on what you read today?
- For what people or situations do you need to thank God today?
- For what people or situations do you need to ask God’s help today?
- Take time to talk to God about these things. (talk and listen)