- Have you ever been through a storm?
- Describe a storm (from personal experience or a movie).
- What does it feel like to be in a storm?
Reading the Text
Luke 8:22 – One day Jesus said to his disciples, “Let’s go over to the other side of the lake.” So they got into a boat and left.
Luke 8:23 – As they sailed, Jesus fell asleep. A storm came down on the lake. It was so bad that the boat was about to sink. They were in great danger.
Luke 8:24 – The disciples went and woke Jesus up. They said, “Master! Master! We’re going to drown!” He got up and ordered the wind and the huge waves to stop. The storm quieted down. It was completely calm.
Luke 8:25 – “Where is your faith?” he asked his disciples. They were amazed and full of fear. They asked one another, “Who is this? He commands even the winds and the waves, and they obey him.”
- What words or phrases do you not understand?
- Tell the story in your own words.
- What would you do if you were the disciples?
- What are some things you’ve learned about Jesus?
- Jesus can:________________________________________
- What is faith?
- Faith is:________________________________________
- How do you handle the “storms” in your life?
- What “storms” in your life do you need Jesus to calm?