What is a multinational chapter? It’s a chapter in which American and International students partner through shared leadership, ownership, and vision for the chapter; both have their voices heard and needs met. It’s not only multiethnic but multinational (Rev 7:9)!
a smaller toolkit geared towards planters, evangelists, and anyone starting ISM
a larger and more advanced toolkit geared towards those who've been including internationals in their chapters for a while
4 Things to Know and Do
- SEE international students: Over 1 million international students study in the U.S. each year. They’re on EVERY campus but we don’t always notice them.
- WELCOME the stranger: ~70% of all international students will never enter an American home. Let’s make space for them in our chapters!
- ENGAGE the nations: International Students from 200+ nations are here, mostly from places with little or no access to the gospel. Many will be future world leaders. Let’s make disciples of all nations (Mt 28:18ff)!
- DEVELOP Americans: International students help us embody InterVarsity’s core values of multiethnicity, evangelism, developing world changers, missions...and more. Let’s equip Americans to become global citizens
- Three Short Case Studies
- Starting ISM (four videos): discuss and apply
- Best as a series - no time for all four? Watch this video on the Power of Presence
- Growing Intl Student Involvement - discovery process, debrief, and next steps
- Friendships with International Students booklet - a succint and practical guide with powerful stories and accessible applications
- Crossing Cultures with Jesus - chapters 3, 4, 5, 6, and 8, use discussion questions in book
- If you're making friends with Muslim internationals, get in touch for help: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bible Study Resources
- ISM version of common InterVarsity evangelism tools
- Other contextualized evangelism tools