Read John 11:5-8, 14-16, 20:19-31
- Why were the disciples afraid for Jesus to go to Judea again?
- How did Thomas react when he realized that Jesus was determined to go to Bethany?
- What did Thomas think was going to happen there?
- What character qualities does Thomas have?
- Describe what happened in the second passage. How did Jesus’ appearance change the mood of the people gathered there?
- What did Jesus send them to do?
- What did he do to give them power for their task?
- Why might Thomas not have been there?
- How would you act this scene out?
- How do you see Thomas rejecting his fellow disciples?
- Why doesn’t Thomas keep quiet or lie to keep peace?
- What would that week of unbelief have been like for Thomas?
- What did he do that week? What didn’t he do?
- What did Jesus know about Thomas?
- Why did Jesus use Thomas’ own words?
- What did Thomas do?
- How was he convinced? When?
- What comment did Jesus make about Thomas’ faith?
What similarities do you see between Thomas and Philip? How did Jesus handle their moments of unbelief?