Reading: Genesis 18:1-15
Principal Question: Is anything too hard for the Lord?
Previously, in Genesis 17:19 God gave the name Isaac, which means laughter. It implies that God is laughing at a good joke. If you have time, also read Genesis 18:16-19:38. It will show you just how intimate the relationship is between God and Abraham.
- Read the story. What questions do you have about this story?
- Why do you think Sarah laughed? Was it a happy laugh or a bitter, disappointed laugh?
- What does this story tell us about God?
- What does this story tell us about the meaning of marriage?
- What does this story tell us about the meaning of family?
- Do you think this story really could have happened?
Content Questions for English Comprehension
- Where was Abraham sitting when the Lord approached him?
- What did Abraham offer his guests to eat?
- Where was Sarah when Abraham was eating?
- What message did the Lord give Abraham?
- How old was Abraham when Sarah had a baby?
- What was the baby’s name?