Teaching of Paul - Bible Study 4
Readings: Romans 1:18-25
Questions and Comments
- Read John 3:18
- Is God's wrath just?
- Is God kind?
- Is God just?
- Does God love the sinner?
- Does God hate sin and sinfulness?
- Does God punish sin?
- What is the meaning of the wrath of God?
- Is man a sinner without excuse?
- In what ways has God made himself known to man?
- God has revealed himself in his _____________ (Romans 1:20)
- God has made known his truth through man's conscience. Man has fallen deeper and deeper into sin. He deserves God's judgment. God's wrath is against all ungodliness (Romans 1:18).
- Man's degeneration is seen in the following 6 things. Put the relevant verse number beside each point.
- Men did not honour God (verse ______)
- Men did not thank God (verse ______)
- Men fell into futile thinking (verse ______)
- Darkness blinded men's minds (verse _____)
- Men became foolish although they claimed to be wise (verse ______)
- Men began to worship images:
- of men – as in Greece (verse ______)
- of animals – as in Egypt (verse ______)
- Which of the following statements is biblically correct?
- We commit sins therefore we are sinners.
- We are sinners by nature. The acts of sin we commit confirm our sinful nature.