Genesis 2:15-17, 3:1-24
Cunning – expert at tricking or deceiving
Naked – not having any clothing on
Offspring – children or descendants
Crush – to break with a heavy weight
Subject – under authority of
Cultivate – to prepare for growing crops
- What questions does the snake ask? How are they tricky or deceiving?
- What does the snake want?
- Does the woman know the command God gave to her husband?
- What choice does she have?
- Why does she choose to disobey?
- Why do you think the man chose to disobey God?
- Why did they try to cover themselves and hide from God?
- What happened to their relationship with God?
- When God asked the man what had happened, what did he say? What did the woman say?
- What was God’s response to their disobedience?
- How did relationships and life change after they disobeyed?
- What signs are there that show God still cares about people?
The man and woman didn’t believe what God had told them, and disobeyed in order to become like God. The Bible word for this unbelief and disobedience is sin.