I. Background Information
- Holy Spirit (v 13): In the Bible, God is spoken of as one being, but as existing in three different forms (or persons) at the same time. The Holy Spirit another way of speaking of God.
- Christ’s body (v 23): this is a common name for the Christian church. The church is the physical presence of Jesus on the earth now –it represents Jesus –and is controlled by Him as a body is controlled by its head. This image also communicates that Christians have an extremely close relationship with Jesus.
- Underline main ideas as you read.
In the second half of this chapter, Paul tells the Ephesians that he keeps praying that God will enable them to see these blessings. In reading this chapter you see how clearly Paul saw God’s love and how this perspective gave him hope and joy in a life that could easily have been very discouraging.
IV. Daily Thoughts (write out your answers)
- What did you learn today? Write down a few thoughts you have about what you read.
- What questions do you have after reading and thinking?
- Is there anything you think God wants you to do based on what you read today?
- For what people or situations do you need to thank God today?
- For what people or situations do you need to ask God’s help today?
- Take time to talk to God about these things. (talk and listen)